About CC McKenna
I have even worked on many music production jobs, which means I have seen how this process goes from multiple angles. This experience has helped me become a better actor in LA and polish my other skills as well.
Film ProducerA film producer is essentially the project manager. He oversees the entire process and ensures the team is working seamlessly together. Most movies have a complicated, time-consuming production process. It takes months of planning before the project is even ready for shooting. An average Hollywood movie takes around two years to make and some projects take more time.
In the movie projects, I have worked one, the production usually involves five stages. As a producer in Los Angeles, I have a hands-on role in all of them.
- Development – The development process can take years as the script circles around for consideration. Studios will look over the ideas, read preliminary scripts, and then decide whether to take it up or not. Writers work their magic to refine their ideas until the script is ready and suitable for production.
- Pre-Production – The pre-production process involves hiring all professionals. Producers in California work with casting directors to hire actors, look for experienced technicians, discuss the script with directors, and handle all the required recruitment. The process only moves on after all the positions are filled.
- Principal Photography – Principal photography is the shooting aspect of the process. This is when the film is shot, and it usually takes around 3 to 4 months. Sometimes actors are called back for reshoots or voiceovers, but the bulk of filming happens at this stage.
- Post-Production – Post happens directly after the principal photography is complete. Film and music producers in LA work with editors, sound technicians, and other such professionals to ensure everything lines up. They cut out scenes, correct dialogue, fix any kind of lighting issues, add music, and work on visual effects. The post-production process can take anywhere between one to three months. Movies with extensive CGI will require more time.
- Distribution – Once the movie is complete and ready for public consumption, it needs to reach the audience. As a producer, it is my responsibility to contact different distributors and handle logistics. This process can take anywhere between 6 and 12 months depending on the scale of release.
Small and indie film projects require less effort but need an experienced LA film producer. I have worked on many small film and TV projects as an actor, which means I am familiar with the requirements of these shoots. I also have experience as a film producer and music producer.
If you want to know more and wish to discuss a project, don't hesitate to reach out to me. You can use my website to get in touch.